Sunovia is a Sarasota, Fla. based renewable energy and energy conservation company that is working to develop one of the most advanced and cost-effective cadmium telluride (CdTe) solar cell technologies ever created. Sunovia is also the owner of the proprietary EvoLucia(TM) LED lighting product line, the incredibly energy-efficient solid-state lighting solutions have received CE, FCC, TUV and IP23 regulatory approvals, and are now being marketed worldwide.
Sunovia owns a significant equity interest in Illinois-based EPIR Technologies, Inc. (http://www.epir.com), one of the most advanced IR sensor and IR imaging companies in the world. EPIR's knowledge, experience and expertise in the growth of CdTe, HgCdTe and other II-VI semiconductors equal or exceed any other company in the world. Their prowess in this area is unmatched and has been endorsed by the award of unprecedented congressional funds for the development of a manufacturing capability for CdTe on Si and the award of a patent for growing CdTe directly on a Si readout integrated circuit. EPIR and Sunovia have a network of close collaborative relationships with the major Defense Department and industrial labs involved in IR detection and imaging, including the Army Research Laboratory, the Night Vision Electronic Sensors Directorate, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, DRS, Raytheon, Rockwell, Texas Instruments and other laboratories around the world.
Why Invest in Sunovia Energy Technologies?
- Sunovia has invested millions of dollars into its existing solar and solid-state lighting product lines, and is working exclusively with some of the most prestigious universities and laboratories in the world to develop break-through solar cell and light-emitting diode (LED) technologies that have the potential to reshape the landscape of the energy industry.
- Experts predict that more than $1 trillion will be allocated to the development and introduction of renewable energy and energy conservation technologies over the next decade.
- Sunovia Energy Technologies has created a 21st century business model that focuses capital investment and proven talent in areas of the energy sector that we feel will produce the highest return on investment.
- Sunovia has created and engineered two (2) proprietary product families that will be available to the market in 2008: Solartizements(TM) and Evolucia(TM) solid-state lighting fixtures.
- Sunovia received the required Underwriter’s Laboratory (“UL”) approval for their first Evolucia(TM) fixture in December, and will begin selling the product during the 1st quarter of 2008.
- In addition, the company is finalizing an agreement to acquire the exclusive rights to three (3) patents that have multiple applications within the solid-state lighting / energy conservation sector. The tooling for the first derivative product from these patents has been completed, and Sunovia anticipate a first quarter marketing launch of this product to “big box” retailers (such as WalMart, Target, Sears, K Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.).
- Sunovia’s proprietary and diversified product offering along with its visionary business model have already garnered more than $10 million of equity investment from nearly 300 accredited investors. In addition, the company’s principals have allocated more than $2 million to the company since 2003, so they have ‘skin in the game’ as well.
- These investments have allowed the company to advance product development, secure recognized experts in the applicable fields, and tie down the exclusive rights to technologies and intellectual properties that they believe will not only produce extraordinary returns on investment, but also redefine the energy sector.